If you're thinking of taking your art from the online marketplace into the world of art fairs, you may have some concerns about doing so. This month, Niki Hilsabeck has some advice to consider before jumping into the art fair game.
Did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
5 Aspects to Consider Before Signing on to an Art Festival
by Niki Hilsabeck
As summer winds down, there are still plenty of art festivals on the horizon for fall and winter. Perhaps you're looking to dip your toe in the water and try one; maybe you've tried a few but aren't sure if you want to continue putting the effort into showing at festivals.
While sharing your art with festival-goers can bring great rewards, it's also an investment of time, money, and energy. Here is a list of factors to consider before signing on to an upcoming festival.
The first thing I look at when signing up for a festival is cost. In addition to the fee to participate, I know that I'm going to be spending money on gas, food, frames, and any other packaging and display items to bring to the event.
Some events will offer perks for artists, such as a meal, snacks, or drinks, which helps. And, keep in mind that if your artwork isn't priced appropriately for high-end festivals, the cost to attend the festival might mean that you're going to lose money.
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
Featured FestivalHistoric Downtown Sebring Fine Arts and Crafts Fest
Featured PromoterHighland Art League
Featured Product Sugar Skulls Sketchbook by Lori Warren