Tips to Prevent Theft While Exhibiting at Art and Craft Events
Here are a few ideas to help protect your business against fraud and theft while exhibiting at craft shows.
- Keep your booth open during show hours.
- Never leave your booth unattended during show hours.
- Be sure to bring extra help to busy events.
- Place small products near you and in as clear a view as possible.
- Use a portable credit card terminal to approve transactions on the spot.
- Check the identification of everyone who writes a check or uses a credit card.
- Report any attempts of theft or fraud to show officials immediately.
- Remove products or secure booth daily at the end of the show.
- Insurance is available for your products and your booth. Rates will vary according to which company you choose.
- If you are alone at a show and must leave your booth, ask a neighbor or show official to sit in for you.