Whether you already have a site for your artwork, or are thinking of creating one, Carolyn Edlund of ArtsyShark.com is back this month to show you how to engage your visitors and keep them coming back for more!
If you're looking for a way to start selling your artwork online, try listing it in our marketplace! The FNO Marketplace can help you reach a new audience, without worrying about start-up costs.
FNO Newsletter Editor
How to Engage Your Art Website Visitors
by Carolyn Edlund of artsyshark.com
Getting website traffic is step one. Now, keep those visitors in the loop and coming back. Here are a few tips on increasing engagement with visitors to your art website:
"9 Knots" by artist Manon Sander
1. Make your Home page inviting with a compelling image of your work and a professional design. Be sure that your website is easily navigated. Frustrated visitors will just click away.
2. Craft your "About" page carefully, because it's not all about you, it's also about your website visitor. To keep them reading you need to create "emotional resonance." Tell your story in an authentic, personal way, in the first person. Include your photo so they feel that they know you. Don't get caught up in unintelligible artist statements that no one can decipher.
Let Us Pay You!
We will pay you $5 for every new paid member you send our way. You can make money by simply telling others about FNO. Refer two friends, get $10, refer four, get $20... Take the cash or apply your earnings toward next year's renewal! We have tons of widgets to choose from on our new Affiliate page, and have made it easier than ever to use.
You can also access this page in your account by clicking on My Account, then click on your listed affiliate number.
Word of mouth is the best form of
advertising, and we'd like to thank you for spreading the word about FNO. You could be earning
extra cash just by referring fellow vendors or festival participants to FNO.
Quick info about our affiliate program:
Be sure to hand people your business card or a custom FNO Affiliate Flyer
when you refer them to be sure you get credit when they join as a Pro Member. If you want to
learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out (to do this, you
must have an affiliate number, all Pro Members automatically have one, if you are a free
member, you must request one).
- We pay $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- We pay quarterly via Paypal.
- You may apply your affiliate credit towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in
emails or online.
Motel6 News for Pro Members!
Motel 6 is currently engaged in an ambitious renovation program, tapping the talents of British design firm Priestmangoode. The result: rooms with a vibrant color scheme, stylish seating areas, platform beds and updated coverlets, sleek new sinks, granite countertops and 32-inch flat-screen TVs - all earning a nod with Travel+Leisure magazine's 2010 Best Large Hotel Design Award. Renovations are ongoing, and by the end of 2015, all existing locations will feature the brand's modern look.
FestivalNet Pro Members can enjoy the renovated locations nationwide and in Canada (approximately 300 renovated locations so far and counting) with a 10% discount, valid at all 1,100 Motel 6 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada. Click here to learn more! "We'll leave the light on for you.®"
FNO Giving Tree: