If you've been unable to get any sales from your artwork, Carolyn Edlund might just have the answer for you. Check out this month's article below.
Listing your profile in our Fest Biz Directory can go a long way toward getting promoters to take notice. And did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
Have you added any items to your online shop yet? Our marketplace is a great way to find new fans!
FN Newsletter Editor
What's Killing Your Art Sales
by Carolyn Edlund
Is your art business about to pass away? Here are some reasons why your sales may be dying.
Non-existent Website. At this point in time, if you don't have an art website, there is simply no excuse. You are invisible to virtually the whole world. And if you have one that hasn't been updated in years, that doesn't help either. It will look like you're out of business, or perhaps you've expired.
Poor photos, anyone? Are shoppers inspired to buy after viewing blurry, poorly lit, or overly small photos of your art? Um.. No. Time to reincarnate your portfolio as a stunning visual feast for the viewer!
They're not hearing what they need to know. What is it that you really do? Don't keep them guessing. You have to tell your story, and share your inspiration and your process. Use that story to grab attention and use your message to let shoppers know how much they will love becoming one of your collectors. And give them the details, on how to order, shipping times, the whole nine yards. The more comfortable they feel, the more likely to pull out their wallets. Isn't that better than being six feet under?
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to vend at their event? Get found by listing your art, craft or vending business for Free in our Fest Biz Directory and instantly get more exposure by taking advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your business type.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
Festifall Arts Festival
Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation Department