Considering donating a piece to charity? There are a few things you should consider before packaging up that piece of art. Read this month's article for the details.
Listing your profile in our Fest Biz Directory can go a long way toward getting promoters to take notice. And did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
Have you added any items to your online shop yet? Our marketplace is a great way to find new fans!
FN Newsletter Editor
Two Big Questions to Ask Before Donating Art to a Charity
by Carrie Lewis
There's an ongoing debate about whether artists should participate with charities by donating artwork.
Non-artists are familiar with charities and simply donating money. But if you're an artist, odds are good you've also had a charity approach you-sometimes out of the clear blue-and ask if you'd like to donate one or two pieces of artwork to their fundraiser auction or raffle.
Some artists see these events as a means of gaining exposure for their work, especially since many charities have high-power supporters who have money and aren't afraid to spend it on art.
Other artists view charitable donations as devaluing their work. There is, after all, no way to guarantee the artwork will sell for anything near normal retail value. Not to mention that usually there's no additional benefit from the sale except for the aforementioned exposure.
I've participated in many charities over the years, and I have my own opinions about it. Some have been good experiences and have resulted in subsequent portrait work. Some have been not so good.
For any artist considering donating to a charity, here are the two most important questions to ask:
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to vend at their event? Get found by listing your art, craft or vending business for Free in our Fest Biz Directory and instantly get more exposure by taking advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your business type.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
Historic Downtown Sebring Fine Arts and Crafts Fest
Highland Art League