As an artist, there are many reasons to differentiate between price and value. This month's article, from Harriete Estel Berman, details this process.
Also, this month is your Last Chance to enter our video contest! Read below for those details.
Have you added any items to your online shop yet? Our marketplace is a great way to find new fans!
FN Newsletter Editor
The Value of Your Work is NOT the Price of Your Work
by Harriete Estel Berman
The VALUE of your work is not determined solely by the price of your work, or by the work that sells the best. In other words, do not confuse your best selling item with your best work.
Your best selling item may be because of a modest price, appeal to a large market, great color combination, current fashion trend, or numerous other reasons irrelevant to artistic depth or quality.
Price, in my mind, is NOT a demarcation of value. As an artist and maker, developing a distinctive personal voice, signature style, or repertoire of technical skills is so much more important.
Your best selling item rarely leads to better work. It only places the pressures of the marketplace foremost in your thoughts. With the Internet, there is a huge rush to sell everything we make. The numerous online markets drive everything to have a retail price attached. This could be a big mistake.
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to vend at their event? Get found by listing your art, craft or vending business for Free in our Fest Biz Directory and instantly get more exposure by taking advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your business type.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell her you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
Pinecrest Gardens Fine Arts Festival