Happy Spring! Here in the digital age, making good use of social media is crucial for promoting yourself. This month's article will detail some tips on using Twitter for your food business effectively.
Shows are getting booked full right and left! Check out our Deadlines page to find shows to apply to before they're full.
Have you added any items to your online shop yet? Our marketplace is a great way to find new fans!
FNO Newsletter Editor
How to Use Twitter for Marketing & PR
by Mike Volpe
Twitter is a tool for "micro-blogging" or posting very short updates, comments or thoughts. In fact, since Twitter was designed to be very compatible with mobile phones through text messages, each update is limited to 140 characters. Truly, a micro-blog. Another way to think of Twitter is like a cross between instant messaging (IM) and a chat room, because it is an open forum, but you restrict it to the people with which you connect.
I have to admit I have not always been sold on Twitter. At first I did not get it at all. Then I thought I understood it, but thought it was stupid and useless. Then I used it a bit more and got some more followers and followed a few more people. Now I think it has some value, especially as a marketing and PR tool.
Ideas for How to Use Twitter for Marketing & PR
Read more here!
- Engage your CEO in social media. Social media is a great way to have a conversation with your market and make and mange connections with prospects, customers, bloggers and other influencers. But for a CEO, the typical routes to social media can be hard. Especially if you are a larger or global company. A CEO typically has little time to write a blog or answer lots of messages and friend requests on Facebook. I cannot tell you how many CEO blogs I have seen with only 1 or 2 posts because the CEO never had time to update the blog after the first couple entries. But, Twitter is limited to 140 characters per update, so it is all about short thoughts and comments. If your CEO can send a text message, they can use Twitter from anywhere in the world as a marketing and PR tool. Twitter is actually perfect for CEO or founder who is always on the road meeting with people and who has some interesting opinions on your market.;
- Keep in touch with bloggers / media. It is really easy to follow someone on Twitter (see below). And you'll be surprised how often they decide to follow you as well. In fact, I have lots of people I consider "famous" in the marketing and PR worlds following me. In my opinion, this is a way easier way to connect with influential people in the media than calling and emailing them.
Get a Link to Your Page in Our Members Link!
Pro Members! If you have a website or blog and link to Festivalnet.com, we will link to your site on our Member's Links page!
The Member's Links page is a great way to get more traffic and exposure to your site. It's a total win-win.
Before getting in touch to swap links, visit your 'My Account' area and click 'Affiliate Tools' on the right to get your code for linking to FNO. Once the link to FNO is live on your site or blog, let Julie know to get added. Be sure your website is listed in your 'modify profile' area.
Let Us Pay You!
We will pay you $5 for every new paid member you send our way. You can make money by simply telling others about FNO. Refer two friends, get $10, refer four, get $20... Take the cash or apply your earnings toward next year's renewal! We have tons of widgets to choose from on our new Affiliate page, and have made it easier than ever to use.
You can also access this page in your account by clicking on My Account, then click on your listed affiliate number.
Word of mouth is the best form of
advertising, and we'd like to thank you for spreading the word about FNO. You could be earning
extra cash just by referring fellow vendors or festival participants to FNO.
Quick info about our affiliate program:
Be sure to hand people your business card or a custom FNO Affiliate Flyer
when you refer them to be sure you get credit when they join as a Pro Member. If you want to
learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out.
- We pay $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- We pay quarterly via Paypal.
- You may apply your affiliate credit towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in
emails or online.
Looking for Suppliers? Check here