Just getting started in the food concession business? Food vendor veteran, Robert Berman, is here this month with tips on how to hit the ground running.
Speaking of great articles, do you have something you'd like to write about for FestivalNet? If you have a topic you'd like to see covered, or an article you feel would be helpful to our readers, please get in touch! You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FNO Newsletter Editor
Finding Events & Marketing Your Mobile Vending Business
One of the most difficult items for the new food concession or vending cart operator is finding locations to place their vehicle or cart.
This is where aggressive marketing can make the difference. One area that is often overlooked is retailers who are having special events. Car dealerships are noted for having special day or weekend events and one thing that they always consider is supplying food!
I have been contacted on numerous occasions by car and motorcycle dealerships wanting a list of available food vendors in a specific city, town or county.
It is important for food concessionaires and vending cart operators to make themselves known in their food service area.
There are numerous ways to accomplish this:
by Robert Berman
Read more here!
- Visit the car and motorcycle dealerships. Make sure you have a flyer or business card to leave behind.
- Contact the local radio stations. Many radio stations will provide a D.J. for special events and actually host the show from the event. They will be aware of those events weeks in advance and may be willing to pass leads on to you or possibly create a package which includes a D.J. and food.
- Send flyers out in the mail to local businesses.
- Another area to consider are strip plazas. Many have merchant groups who are looking for promotions and other methods to draw customers to their stores. Talk to one of the local merchants and find out if they have a merchant group and how you might provide them with a presentation.
Vote for Change
Do you think it would be a good idea to add a vacation setting for Marketplace Shops? This is the newest topic up for voting on our FestivalNet Wishlist
This proposed setting would allow you to put your FestivalNet shop on "vacation mode," disabling sales while you're out and about, while still letting your visitors know that you'll be back soon! Vote for this and other ideas on our vote for change page!
Let Us Pay You!
We will pay you $5 for every new paid member you send our way. You can make money by simply telling others about FNO. Refer two friends, get $10, refer four, get $20... Take the cash or apply your earnings toward next year's renewal! We have tons of widgets to choose from on our new Affiliate page, and have made it easier than ever to use.
You can also access this page in your account by clicking on My Account, then click on your listed affiliate number.
Word of mouth is the best form of
advertising, and we'd like to thank you for spreading the word about FNO. You could be earning
extra cash just by referring fellow vendors or festival participants to FNO.
Quick info about our affiliate program:
Be sure to hand people your business card or a custom FNO Affiliate Flyer
when you refer them to be sure you get credit when they join as a Pro Member. If you want to
learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out.
- We pay $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- We pay quarterly via Paypal.
- You may apply your affiliate credit towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in
emails or online.
Looking for Suppliers? Check here