As a food vendor, you really need to spend time on your signs? Check out this month's article below for the answer!
Listing your profile in our Fest Biz Directory can go a long way toward getting promoters to take notice. And did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
How Important is Signage?
by Barb Fitzgerald of foodbooth.net
Hands down, one of my favorite times of the day is after the booth is closed when I trot off to the camper, crack open my favorite snack (chocolate), and get down to counting the money. That is, unless sales were poor. Then, I can't wait to finish the day so I can slink away to scrub the big capital "L" off my forehead in private.
There are hundreds of principles and variations of principles that influence the success of a food booth at any given event. Many are controlled by the coordinator, such as booth location, booth/attendance ratio, duplication of menus, and overall organization and promotion of the event. There are many more principles that are controlled by the vendor, such as; your menu, how well you promote your menu, booth presentation, quality of service and product, efficiency, pricing, and expanding your customer base by consistently returning to the same event. There are still other principles that are out of everyone's hands, such as the weather and local economy. It's my opinion that, in this business, the four most important factors that influence sales are: signage, booth location, menu, and operational efficiency. Of those four, three (signage, menu, and operational efficiency) are entirely within your control.
Read more here!
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to vend at their event? It could happen! Get found by listing your concession or food truck business for Free in our Fest Biz Directory and instantly get more exposure by taking advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your business type.
Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
Festifall Arts Festival
Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation Department
Looking for Suppliers? Check here