Here at FestivalNet, we get a lot of fresh, new vendors asking for tips on what's needed to be a food vendor. This month's article should provide some helpful tips for those who are just starting out in the mobile food business, or maybe just need a refresher.
Listing your profile in our Fest Biz Directory can go a long way toward getting promoters to take notice. And did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
Mobile Food Vendor Requirements
by Julie Davoren
As a mobile food vendor, you can sell food and snacks from one location to the next; however, you must first obtain a food handler's permit from the health department of the state in which you sell your goods. In addition to completing an application form, there will be a full inspection of your unit before you receive authorization to sell food from your mobile restaurant. Whether you use a cart, trailer or vehicle, there are certain requirements that you must meet before you receive a permit. The authorities must be convinced that your food business meets their standards.
Food safety is a major issue in public health, and the equipment you use must be appropriate. For example, if you operate a pushcart in Dallas, your container can be no longer than 6 feet. The roof vents of your container should prevent dust and flies from entering. Similarly, ensure that you cover doors, windows and any other opening in mesh to keep out flies and other insects. The opening for serving should be as small as possible for the same reason. Also, make sure that you seal and repair all cracks and crevices and that your interior is of stainless steel.
Read more here!
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to vend at their event? It could happen! Get found by listing your concession or food truck business for Free in our Fest Biz Directory and instantly get more exposure by taking advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your business type.
Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free Pro Membership!
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile if you're a current Pro Member! Or -
- Email us your video if you're a basic member, or email to let us know you've added your video to your account if you have.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free membership or renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
Bryan Jackson Episode II
Featured PromoterBryan Jackson Music Festival
Looking for Suppliers? Check here