Have you been calling and emailing art festivals, but not hearing back? Let us offer you some advice! This month, our very own Michelle Morrison has compiled some great info for you on getting responses from promoters.
Also, this month is your LAST CHANCE to get in on our video contest. Jump on it while you have the chance! Read below for those details.
FN Newsletter Editor
Helpful Tips to Improve Your Response Rate From Events You've Contacted
by Michelle Morrison of the FestivalNet Staff
We know that the wait can feel like forever after you've submitted your application to a prospective event. And not hearing back at all can feel very discouraging. But fear not! We've compiled some trade-secrets to help you get ahead of the pack, improve your response rate, and get accepted to more events!
In most cases it's actually what you do BEFORE you contact the event that will set you up for a better response rate in the end:
- Make sure you are contacting the right events for your product/service. Our Pro Search can help you with that. For example, selecting categories from the "Allowed" drop down in the "Exhibitors" box will find events that allow what you do. For more search tips, there's a help link in the top left corner of Pro Search.
- Be sure the deadline date has not passed. Contact each event well in advance of their application deadline, otherwise emails & calls will not likely be returned. Use our handy "Deadline Reminder Newsletter" and the "Deadlines" option in Pro search to get ahead of the game.
Important note about deadlines:
Keep in mind that a posted deadline doesn't mean applications will always be accepted up until that date. Festivals will frequently fill all open slots before their posted deadline. That's due to no fault of your information source, it's simply the way the business works.
Read more here!
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to vend at their event? It could happen! Get found by listing your concession or food truck business for Free in our Fest Biz Directory and instantly get more exposure by taking advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your business type.
Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Pinecrest Gardens Fine Arts Festival
Featured Promoter Pinecrest Gardens
Looking for Suppliers? Check here