Are you spending too much time on everything BUT your music? Check out this month's article for tips on getting that balance back.
Listing your profile in our Fest Biz Directory can go a long way toward getting promoters to take notice. And did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
Outsource These 5 Things Now And Focus On Your Music
by Greg Rollett
So many musicians that read our site or go through some of our training go back to the same problems.
They are musicians, not marketers or internet superstars. This post is not meant to be an argument for the musician / businessman, but rather for those that want to get some things off their plate. We have been experimenting with outsourcing firms, VA's and local workers (college students/super fans) to see what we can dish off a musician's plate so they can focus on the bigger picture items.
Here are 5 things that can be outsourced and give you a sigh of relief:
- Blog research.
You can spend a good amount of time looking through blogs to find relevant sites looking for authors who accept your kind of music and have enough traffic to warrant some effort. Having a team member do this research will give you the upper hand in this equation. Be sure to collect the site name, URL, contact info, Twitter handle, Compete traffic data and Google PR so you can sort both their relevance and the priority you give each site.
Read more here!
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to perform at their event? Just looking for more exposure? Get found by listing your Band, Musical Act, or Performance Group for Free in our Fest Biz Directory.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Take advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your performance type. Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
Festifall Arts Festival
Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation Department
Get a Link to Your Page in Our Members Link!
Pro Members! If you have a website or blog and link to Festivalnet.com, we will link to your site on our Member's Links page!
The Member's Links page is a great way to get more traffic and exposure to your site. It's a total win-win.
Before getting in touch to swap links, visit your 'My Account' area and click 'Affiliate Tools' on the right to get your code for linking to FNO. Once the link to FNO is live on your site or blog, let Julie know to get added. Be sure your website is listed in your 'modify profile' area.