Safety should be a very high priority at your event. This month, we have some fantastic tips on how to keep you, your vendors, and your guests safe throughout your event.
If you're searching for vendors or performers, our Fest Biz Directory may just be what you're looking for. Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
Security Management in Events
by The Writing Team of eventeducation.com
In case of fire at the event venue, use fire extinguishers to put out the fire. In the mean time take everyone out of the venue safely. Develop a separate emergency exit plan for this. If fire is uncontrollable then call the fire brigade.
Follow fire code and safety regulations to prevent the fire as specified below:
2. Power Failure
If you are organizing event at a place where power failure is common, then you should have adequate power backup.
In case of a power failure, switch on the emergency lights and then turn on the generators. If you have a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) system, then it is the best. If you can't arrange such types of power backups, then at least you should have flashlight or candles.
Create a separate emergency plan to handle crowd and guests in case of a power failure.
- Don't place any combustible or inflammable material in the venue esp. near green rooms, guest rooms or seating area.
- All materials including prop must be properly treated with fire retardant solution.
- Make sure that the entrance and exit ways are not blocked by any material or by any means.
- Make sure that the event venue must have separate entrance and exit ways, fire alarm system and fire extinguishers.
- Use only those electrical equipments which are branded and which use three core wires.
- At least one doctor with first aid box along with the ambulance must be there at the venue to handle medical emergency.
- Your staff must be well trained about giving first aid like CPR and must be able to handle fire extinguishers and crowd in case of fire.
Read more here!
Find Vendors & Artists with Our Fest Biz Directory
Do you need a band, artist/crafter, food vendor, or service provider for your event? Have some last minute spaces you need to fill? Search our Fest Biz Directory to find hundreds of vendors and artists in your area!
You can also list your Event or Organization for Free and will have exposure to over 750,000 visitors per month! Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Featured FestivalHistoric Downtown Sebring Fine Arts and Crafts Fest
Featured MusicianNorth Sea Gas
or other ways to promote your event beyond the free listing? Learn more