In order to throw a really awesome event, you need to have the funds to cover the whole thing. This month's article focuses on how to land the corporate sponsorship you need to put on a killer event.
Did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
10 Steps to Getting Corporate Sponsorship for Your Event
by Ron Strand
This article provides some guidelines for determining the value of a sponsorship, finding prospects, writing a proposal, selling the sponsorship and fulfilling the agreement after the sponsorship is sold. I have broken down this process into the following ten steps:
1. Plan the Event with Sponsors in Mind
When doing your event planning, recognize that corporate sponsorship is a form of brand advertising. The basic intention of sponsorship is to conjure up positive associations between the corporate brand and sports, arts or charity brands (or similar activities) in the mind of the consumer. This is done by naming events or by displaying corporate logos at events or venues and in the media that advertise the event.
Events are often planned and venues are chosen solely based on the needs of the participants and spectators. If possible, chose a venue with the sponsor's needs in mind. You may even go a step further and plan the event with potential sponsors. Ask them how you can accommodate their needs.
2. Identify Your Assets
Walk through the venue and identify all the potential places that a sponsor might advertise their brand name and/or logo. Typical places are banners over entrances, signs visible by passing traffic, backs of spectator seats, booths erected on the site, programs that are used by participants, t-shirts for participants, etc. The potential for logo placement can be just about anything so use your imagination.
Read more here!
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free Pro Membership!
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile if you're a current Pro Member! Or -
- Email us your video if you're a basic member, or email to let us know you've added your video to your account if you have.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free membership or renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
Bryan Jackson Episode II
or other ways to promote your event beyond the free listing? Learn more