Before you get into elaborate promotional tactics, it's important to master the basics. Putting together a successful event can hinge on having your bases covered in an easy and efficient way. Check out this month's article for tips on getting your event on its way with little effort, and big results.
Have you listed any of your festival gear in the FNO Marketplace?
As always, if you have any particular topics you'd like to see covered here, or if you'd like to contribute an article to the FNO newsletters - let us know!
FNO Newsletter Editor
The Basics of Promoting
Properly marketing your event is the most important step to filling those seats, and getting your event off the ground. Let these tips help you get started with your promotional tactics:
- Create a Contest: Offer your attendees a chance to win something by attending your event. You can easily start this competition online, and announce the winners with a ceremony at your event.
- Cross-Market: The more audiences you can reach, the better. Find someone that has an event or business that is related to yours, but not in direct competition, and cross-promote between the two organizations. This is a relationship you can both benefit from.
- Use Email and Social Marketing: Most people in America have an email address and belong to at least one social networking site. Set up a presence for your event on popular social networking sites (such as facebook, twitter, and google plus), so that people can friend you and find updates on your site. You can even promote special offers through email and social networking to get more people involved.
- Offer Specials to Early Comers: Offering contest, discounts, prizes, or other rewards to people getting to your event early will encourage attendees to get there as soon as possible. Be sure to announce these rewards on your website or other media outlets.
- Involve the Community: A lot of times people go to events specifically to network with people who have the same interests. Allow people access to your promotional material (fliers, posters, web widgets, weblinks), and let them know they can help promote the event so that they can meet these contacts quicker and easier.
Once you've mastered the basics of promoting, you'll have a solid base for getting your event out there and filling your venue. Happy Promoting!
Are you a High Quality promoter with multiple shows?
Gain VIP status and get assistance updating your events, plus you will be part of a unique group
of superior promoters that deserve special recognition!
Benefits of being a VIP Promoter:
- Assistance with keeping your events updated on the FNO site.
- Deep Discounts on Featured Events & other FNO advertising.
- Special designation as a VIP Promoter in all Festival & Events search results
& in any Featured Events you purchase.
- A graphic to display on your website distinguishing you as a FNO VIP Promoter.
Learn how to become a VIP Promoter. For further information, contact Judith.
FREE Marketing for Your Show!
Our market is your market. Co-promote FNO and earn free added exposure for your shows. Tap into FNO's audience of 600,000+ monthly visitors & 20 million hits! You want to make sure those people find your event, and we want to help. Select from one of the following options to co-promote with FNO.
Email Judith to sign up today.
- Package A: Link to FNO from any two main pages on your website and receive a FREE Featured Event listing from FNO's general search (accessible to all web-visitors). $55.00 Value
- Package B: Insert FNO marketing info (custom-designed coupons we provide) with your show applications and receive up to 2 FREE 1 year Featured Event listings & links to your site from FNO's general search (accessible to all web-visitors). up to $180.00 Value
or other ways to promote your event beyond the free listing? Learn more