It's time to get holiday items moving from your online shop. Read below for this month's tips on how to get those sales moving.
As you're getting your holiday crafts together, consider posting some in our marketplace! There's no reason not to, and it just might reach the audience you're looking for!
FNO Newsletter Editor
5 Tips to Maximize Online Holiday Shopping Sales
By Jon Skulemowski
Consumers will be logging on ecommerce sites searching for holiday gifts and deals very soon. The traditional kickoff for holiday buying is Black Friday - the day after Thanksgiving. Last year, Black Friday sales through the following Monday, 'Cyber Monday', accounted for 18% of total online holiday sales. U.S. online sales topped $1 billion on Cyber Monday alone. Perfect your marketing and delivery plans as the year's most lucrative shopping season draws near. Here we have created a few tips to be get the most from this season:
- Consider Free Shipping - Users are more inclined to buy, especially around the holiday season, if shipping is free. Many people are expecting to pay a few dollars more for shipping, but they will show their thanks for free shipping by taking advantage of the promotion and buying a few extra items.
- Send Holiday Themed Email - Try sending newsletters with holiday-oriented content. Timely, holiday-oriented content is generally well-received by the general public. This is a way for you to showcase features products and give customers additional visual gift ideas. Inform them the promotions are available for a limited time and don't forget to mention the gift cards!
Rate Shows for a Pro Level Discount!
Add a rating on events where you have exhibited or performed and you get a $1 for each rating toward an upgrade to Pro level access! After 5 ratings you get $5 off! You can then continue to earn a buck for every show you rate, up to a whopping $15 off any Pro Level membership! Head over to Pro Search for more details!
Let Us Pay You!
We will pay you $5 for every new paid member you send our way. You can make money by simply telling others about FNO. Refer two friends, get $10, refer four, get $20... Take the cash or apply your earnings toward next year's renewal! We have tons of widgets to choose from on our new Affiliate page, and have made it easier than ever to use.
You can also access this page in your account by clicking on My Account, then click on your listed affiliate number.
Word of mouth is the best form of
advertising, and we'd like to thank you for spreading the word about FNO. You could be earning
extra cash just by referring fellow vendors or festival participants to FNO.
Quick info about our affiliate program:
Be sure to hand people your business card or a custom FNO Affiliate Flyer
when you refer them to be sure you get credit when they join as a Pro Member. If you want to
learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out.
- We pay $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- We pay quarterly via Paypal.
- You may apply your affiliate credit towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in
emails or online.
Get a Link to Your Page in Our Members Link!
Pro Members! If you have a website or blog and link to Festivalnet.com, we will link to your site on our Member's Links page!
The Member's Links page is a great way to get more traffic and exposure to your site. It's a total win-win.
Before getting in touch to swap links, visit your 'My Account' area and click 'Affiliate Tools' on the right to get your code for linking to FNO. Once the link to FNO is live on your site or blog, let Julie know to get added. Be sure your website is listed in your 'modify profile' area.