Are you:

Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .
Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .

Im new and looking for any help

Trecreations

Friday, November 25, 2011 07:08 pm EST
I am new to FNO and with displaying my handmade jewelry and various other crafts in the venues. I am interested in learning anything I can from anyone who can tell me how to get my product out to consumers. I have turned my hobby into a part time business and have sold many items to friends and neighbors, but would like to get my items out to the general public. I have never done anything like this before, so anything, anyone can help me with is much appreciated. My name is listed as Trecreations. I hobby in handmade jewelry, handmade painted birdhouses, charms and various other items. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me along!

[removed]

Sunday, November 27, 2011 09:35 am EST
Hi trecre, I am doing similar crafting and have found it helpful to attend local craft fairs to market my products and gain recognition in the local area. This does take some work, but it may help if some of these customers would provide testimonials (maybe offer a small discount if they are willing to take their time to do this for you) which you could post online... It provides more credibility of your product and its quality to anyone that is searching online. I hope this might help you.

Trecreations

Sunday, November 27, 2011 02:12 pm EST
Thank you for your response. I have done only one church craft fair and I did pretty well considering what the other booths around me were doing. Although it was a very small fair, I found that I am selling a lot of stuff to coworkers and to neighbors. I am currently trying to reserve space for the flea market that runs here once a month. I have designed my own business cards but find I am struggling with getting information in a timely fashion to set up for venues. There is a renaissance fair here in May and I really am hoping to have it all together and possibly find out what I need to do to have a booth there as well. Again thank you for your help, it is much appreciated and will be used wisely!