Are you:

Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .
Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .

Introducing myself

Nagrasanti Handcrafted Designer Jewelry

Nagrasanti Handcrafted Designer Jewelry

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 04:58 pm EDT
Hi, I just joined this site. I create designer handcrafted jewelry and am trying to get a sense of how craft shows are doing this year. I sell my work online but would like to exhibit/sell at a/c shows in the L.A. area. Can someone tell me their experiences and what are the crowds like? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Don's Woodcrafts

Thursday, December 16, 2010 11:54 am EST
HI how do you go about selling on line? ido woodcrafts and like to try on line to sell . doyou do good no line selling? thanks

Dave Stone

Thursday, December 16, 2010 05:03 pm EST
An excellent resource for selling on line is Etsy.com. (It rhymes with 'Betsy') They provide you with a virtual 'storefront' - a shop, if you will, and have the infrastructure in place to handle the ordering and payment. For this they charge a nominal monthly listing fee and about 3% (I think) commission on each item sold. You are paid directly into your PayPal account, and are billed monthly for listings and sales. You can name your shop whatever you like (sublect to guidelines and availability) and link directly to it. The setup process is simple and straightforward and they walk you through all aspects of it. You will need to add your own digital photos for each listing. They also have an active user forum and newsletters, including article to help you get the most out of your shop. www.etsy.com - try it!
Bittersweet Creek Soap

Bittersweet Creek Soap

Friday, January 7, 2011 07:32 pm EST
You can also set up your own website and do a store on-line there. the Etsy.com of course features many crafters and a great variety, so there is competition but more exposure. Or you can do both, same as with Ebay, set up a shop there. I have an on line store and I do craft fairs, the thing about craft fairs is you want to make sure you go to the right one, not to many vendors selling your same product line and make sure its not so huge, no one will find you! Sometimes they are very nominal and other time its quite a bit of money, and vendors. So chose wisely for your event, and remember the other cost involved, perhaps travel, lodging etc. I find that craft fairs reach a large amount of people in a relatively short period of time, therefore, more cash! And that's what it is all about!
Festivalnet.Com - Asheville

Festivalnet.Com - Asheville

Friday, January 14, 2011 11:19 am EST
FNO has an online Marketplace to sell your goods which went live last fall! Go to your "my account" area (a link at the top of this page) then from there, click "my shop" from the purple bar. If you have questions, you can always get in touch with us at the FNO office. Take care!

Bright Bird Soap

Friday, January 14, 2011 01:06 pm EST
Artfire.com is a great place to sell your stuff. You can get a basic membership for free or a pro for I think$9 and you don't pay any fees when you sell! I have been on it for 3 months and it's great. Everyone is super helpful.

Nancee Kelley

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 03:35 pm EDT
I started making soap recently and would eventually like to sell it. what is the best way to do that (craft fairs, online, etc). Any info is much appreciated.
Crazy Crafty Creations

Crazy Crafty Creations

Saturday, January 7, 2012 12:30 pm EST
Another on line place to sell hand made items is I Made It Myself .com. Anyway back to the original question about selling at exhibits. I've not done it but have been to a lot of them up here in Bakersfield, CA and they seem to have a lot of people show up and I've asked a lot of the vendors at them and they do pretty good they say. The one show that takes place a couple of times a year starts of a Friday afternoon and ends on Sunday afternoon. They have it in a park that is well known. It costs about $200.00 for the venders, so I don't know if that is worth it or not. The way I have found them is in our local paper and looking on line for craft shows has helped.