Are you:

Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .
Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .

gems and collectible pieces

Gems & Crystals

Friday, August 21, 2009 12:38 pm EDT
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie in this forum as well as in dealing with our product. My boss had a large inventory of Gemstones (Amethyst, Quartz, Pyrites, etc.)as well as collectible pieces and jewelries. I am wondering why he doesn't sell that much. Had it something to do with the economy or not is it just that few people have interest on them. The warehouse at the back of the office right now is overloaded with these items. Even his internet site doesn't sell..... Really need advise on this... Thanks a lot for creating this forum
Beads & Baubles - Oakland Gardens, NY

Beads & Baubles - Oakland Gardens, NY

Thursday, August 27, 2009 05:21 pm EDT
Jewelry and gemstones are really an impulse buy and the merchandise does better in person than on line. On line is good when you have a following. Once people know your product and know it is good they are more inclined to buy on line. Your return policy can also be a hindrance if it is a buy it, it's yours policy. At shows if your product is good and fairly priced it should move. You must be careful though to attend shows that are geared for your type of product. I don't think you would do well at a show that was flea market venue.

Gems & Crystals

Thursday, September 3, 2009 05:09 pm EDT
Suzy: Thanks a lot for your invaluable info. The boss don't want to spend for show other than the smaller once and not very far from our location. I've been looking through some show itenerary for Houston but it seem there's not a lot of shows close to where we are situated. I'm thinking to try this ebay thing but i'm trying to get more information if we can really profit using ebay.

[removed]

Friday, November 20, 2009 01:28 am EST
Perhaps,the economy is still bad.Everything is changing. Now our USA customers gave us small orders than the previous time for the fashion jewelry and hair accessory.It is also difficult to find a good jewelry customer.Hope economy quickly becomes better!
Martin Rosenblum

Martin Rosenblum

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 01:16 am EDT
People who shop for gemstones and fine jewelry want to be informed. Speaking from experience, I found that knowing and then romancing the product, be it a paparadasha sapphire or a CZ, want to know all about, where it came from, how it was cut, the mounting etc. To inform is to sell and this can only be done with close personal contact. I feature my work as a studio jeweler at shows that offer me that personal contact and I do not concern myself with all of the negativity about our economy. In short it's up to you the salesman, to convince, lovingly, that what you have to sell they cannot live without.