"Covid-Aware" Precautions from One Summer Show 🌞By Julie Cochrane, posted 07/07/20 15:28:38 Category » Event Highlights
This month, the Urban Artist Market in Irving, Texas is happening with extra special care.
The Urban Artist Market is an indoor curated show taking place on July 17-18 in Irving, Texas at the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas, which will feature artisans in a variety of disciplines selling their original work.
Attendees will be delighted and amazed by a variety of distinctive, one-of-a-kind creations in 2D painting, ceramics, pottery, mosaic, stained and fused glass, fiber art, book art, photography, sculpture, jewelry, collage, mixed media and much, much more.
Shop original art in a Covid-aware environment! Enforced 50% capacity with limited tickets sold per hour,sanitation stations, one-way directional traffic, and mask requirement means better safety for artists and buyers. source: Urban Artist Market Website
Below, read about all the ways this Texas Art and Craft Show is keep everyone safe and protected. This list is a terrific beacon of hope of how shows can move forward being covid-aware to allow people to congregate safely so we can support our beloved artists and crafters during this difficult time.
URBAN ARTIST MARKET SAFETY PROTOCOL
The Urban Artist Market has implemented several procedural changes to ensure safety of our exhibitors and attendees.
- We’ve relocated the show to the Irving Convention Center at Las Colinas because the Grand Ballroom offers more floor space.
- More space means extra wide aisles and the ability to create a one-way traffic flow through the show room floor; with only one entrance and one exit.
- We’re selling tickets online before the event in 2-hour slots to ensure a limited amount of traffic on the show floor at any given time. We have calculated the amount of people permitted in the Grand Ballroom to ensure 6 foot distancing recommendations and will monitor entrance in any given time slot. However, walk-in tickets will be sold when admission quotas have not been exceeded.
- The Urban Artist Market has expanded their open hours to spread out traffic evenly over the 2-day event.
- Our exhibitors will wear masks throughout the event whenever anyone is near their booth footprint. All attendees will be required to wear masks upon entering the hall.
- Disposable masks will be available at the entrance for attendees who have not brought their own mask.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned at the entrance and throughout the show floor.
- The Irving Convention Center provides detailed Safety and Sanitation protocols in alignment with public health authorities, medical and industry experts. For detailed information, click here https://www.irvingconventioncenter.com/about/safety-sanitation/
- The Urban Artist Market will not be passing appetizers or drinks during the July event, however, the Irving Convention Center will be providing a snack stand with glass barriers in the main lobby that adheres to safety standards.
- On Saturday, July 18, the show will open 10-12 noon to provide early shopping access for immune compromised and our community 65 years of age and up. Masks will be required on all exhibitors and attendees in that time slot.
- Shoppers will be encouraged to limit touch to art that they are purchasing. Exhibitors will promote “touch-free” shopping with signage in their booth.
Where And When:
July 17 - 18, 2020
Irving Convention Center
Irving, TX 75039