The ElyÂ Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic network of businesses and individuals organized to deliver economic opportunity for its members.Â Â The activities of the Ely Chamber of Commerce actually began with the formation of the Business Menâ€™s Association in 1908. Concerns at that time centered around retail trade, industrial development, taxes, roads, and public health. A standing tourist committee was appointed in 1911 and the Ely Commercial Club developed in 1916. The Chamber of Commerceâ€™s present constitution and bylaws were adopted in 1959. The organization is of nonprofit status and is comprised of businesses, institutions, professionals, clubs, organizations and individuals. The organization operates year round with a seven member board, an office staff of seven, and 300 members.