Are you:

Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .
Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .

Home Base for Artist / Crafters

Rainbow Mountain Ranch Productions

Saturday, July 17, 2010 06:00 pm EDT
I am trying to start a home base for creative, self motivating, productive people. I have a beautiful piece of land that is on a major coast to coast route (IH-10) that is otherwise somewhat isolated. I am looking for people that would like to help create a selfsustaining group of individuals who would take turns going to festivals and staying at the "ranch" to take care of the animals. One of the hard things about traveling to a lot of shows is not being able to keep a garden and pets or livestock. I make several kinds of crafts and jewelry as well as playing music. I used to go to quite a few shows each year but having become wary of the way the world is changing decided to start a large garden, get some chickens and dairy goats and try to be self sustaining. Trouble is now I cant go do booths because I have all these animals to take care of. I would like to get into aquaponics as well. Since it may not be a very good idea to eat much from the Gulf for some time it seems like it would be a very good business to get into. If you have ever wondered what you would fall back on in case of disaster and think you might like to participate in this venture conact me at 325-446-4382. Thank you for your time, George Ann
Festivalnet.Com - Asheville

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 04:47 pm EDT
Where is your land exactly? Sounds like a lovely concept.

Rainbow Mountain Ranch Productions

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 05:41 am EDT
I am right off IH-10 between Junction and Sonora. It is on the NW edge of the TX hill country. I have a pretty good start on things, ie land, animals, greenhouses etc. I have gone about as far as I can without some other hands in the mix. I am in my 50's and recently divorced. I borrowed money to buy out my x husbands intrest in the land since coors is his only real intrest and he was never really into the whole back to the land thing anyway. Trouble is, his income went with him so although I make enough to pay all the bills, there isnt anything left over to hire the things I dont have the time or energy to do, done. I would eventually like to have 6 to 8 people here, each contributing to the whole by gardening, animal husbandry, and whatever businesses we develop as partners here like jellies, soaps and cheeses (from goat milk) fish from the Aquaponics venture if we can get it off the ground etc. And each could have their own seperate enterprise if they wish, with their current art or craft, with all taking turns "minding the store". Currently I have one extra bed in the main house and a pretty nice travel trailer that has a roof over it for shade that has one bedroom and could easily be turned into two. There are also many nice spots to put up a tepee or yurt. I have been wanting this to happen for several years and felt that when the time was right, the right people would show up. Finding this site seems to me like an indication that the time may be close because it seems it will attract just the kind of folks I would like to show up here. By the way, the land has almost 800 feet on a shallow but clean year round river, the North Llano and it truly is a special healing place as well.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 03:45 pm EDT
Sounds beautiful and ideal for the right people.