Are you:

Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .
Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .

A great question and answer about using a Fryer at Festivals

Festivalnet.Com - Asheville

Friday, August 23, 2013 02:52 pm EDT
Recently someone wrote to our facebook page with this question: "I have a question for your network, or maybe you know the answer. when using a fryer at a festival, there is always grease spilling and staining the parking lot, concrete or grass...is there anything that can be placed under the fryer to catch that? Something the size of a sheet of plywood, but obviously not wood because of the fire safety issue. Any info you might have would be great!! " Here's our feedback! First suggestion is see what other food booths with fryers (those not in a trailer) are doing. Yes, festival-food-fryers do use plywood. They also use saw dust, garage floor oil removal products or cat litter. Of course the health department dudes and/or fire marshal (if either come around, which is different from event to event) may have something to say about one's choice of a solution. If you have anything to add to this topic, please do!
Pacwest Mobile Food Systems

Pacwest Mobile Food Systems

Friday, September 6, 2013 07:32 pm EDT
Hey Julie: I just saw this as this is my first time on this forum. We have a 40lb deep fryer to make our garlic/parmesan fries. We'll average between a 12-200lbs of fries per event depending on the event. We never had a problem with any discard on the ground as we use the rubber restaurant mats, and underneath those I lay down a few of those blue heavy duty industrial style paper towels in the paint section at Home Depot. Hope this helps!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 02:26 pm EDT
Thank you!
2 Hillbillys' Kettlecorn

2 Hillbillys' Kettlecorn

Friday, October 11, 2013 11:51 am EDT
We use an old banner