A destination in Indiana's Amish Country famous for hosting the Shipshewana Flea Market - the Midwest's Largest Flea Market - with over 700 vendors.
The family-owned organization has been operating since 1922 when six pigs, seven cows and several head of young cattle were sold at the home of George Curtis during the very first livestock auction.
Shipshewana Trading Place also operates the following businesses and special events:
- Shipshewana Flea Market - Open every Tuesday & Wednesday, May through September, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Shipshewana Miscellaneous & Antique Auction - Auction every Wednesday, year-round, 9:00 am
- Shipshewana Livestock Auction - Auction every Wednesday, year-round, 10:00 am
- Shipshewana Horse Auction - Auction every Friday, year-round, 10:30 am
- Farmstead Inn & Conference Center - Hotel and event space
- Auction Restaurant - Open during Auctions & Flea Markets
- Shipshewana RV Park - Open April 15 -Nov 15
- Shipshewana RV Service Center
- Shipshewana Antique Markets - First Weekend in August
- Ship-Chic Craft & Vintage Shows - Last Saturday in October & First Saturday in December
- Shipshewana Swap Meets - Select Saturdays in Spring, Summer and Fall
- Shipshewana's Lights of Joy - Open during the holiday season