Are you:

Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .
Please call us 800-200-3737 or send an .

[removed]

Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:47 am EST
This pertains to the ratings for the most part. When I view a show that has ratings and see that a vendor had a problem with the promoter or something more. Many times I would like to contact that person directly about that particular show. I would like to see festivalnet provide this option in the rating box. There should be a way to have an option, when you leave a rating, to let other vendors contact you. A way that would not cause problems with the show promoter. I think they are working on this, but if this interests you as well, let them know. I have been dealing with festivalnet.com for many years and they are always willing to listed to ideas, even bad ones.
Bear Paw Sticks & Staffs

Bear Paw Sticks & Staffs

Friday, March 13, 2009 03:52 pm EDT
Sounds like a good idea to me. We've been very lucky so far with promoters, but we have run into (so far solvable) placement problems in different venues becaus of our unique display abilities. We have also occasionally run into no electricity available when it was requested and paid for, and no corner placement when it was requested and paid for. Have other vendors had any experience in these areas?
Innovations Studio

Innovations Studio

Sunday, March 15, 2009 02:14 pm EDT
Yes, Yes, Yes. I'm pretty flexible, but actually being able to present the alternate display possibilities does help if you are able to talk directly to a person who will be working with placement. And as for Electricity...Corners...and Wall Space with indoor venues? All have been an occasional problem. I hate to drag along 'in- case -I -need- its' in my already packed to the gills Honda station wagon...But, I've learned to cover my bases when I can't be certain I'll have what I think I've got. (The electricity, I can't manage since generators are out of my Honda's capacity so I do without).
Bear Paw Sticks & Staffs

Bear Paw Sticks & Staffs

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 05:57 pm EDT
Kneff, electricity is usually available for a small additional charge at most venues, but you have to supply your own extension cord, which usually has to be a three-prong grounded heavy-duty 100-foot minimum. Corner booths are sometimes requestable at a small additional cost, but this usually means front-and-one-side exposure. Since our basic setup has 360-degree viewing and access potential from inside and outside, we have been experimenting with variations on the basic version. We have some "just-in-case" items, also, but we have a small refitted horse trailer that we pull behind the truck.
Bear Paw Sticks & Staffs

Bear Paw Sticks & Staffs

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 06:01 pm EDT
The promoters we've been working with have been as accomodating as possible for the requirements of the venues. If they don't have vendors, then they don't usually make as much money. Also, artists and hand-crafters are getting rarer and rarer, as opposed to resellers, but the promoters are starting to come back around to us!
Innovations Studio

Innovations Studio

Friday, March 20, 2009 03:30 pm EDT
I've had very good dealings with promoters as opposed to some experiences I've seen vendors relate...perhaps the venues make a difference, but I just think that if you, as a vendor, care enough about this opportunity to sell, you will research the 'who to contact' etc. A direct communication, if you have questions that are not covered in a call for entries or you are wondering about a suggested show from another vendor generally answers all the ???you mention. The 'surprises' I mentioned came after discussing the accomodations and adding a footnote to my application that they HAD been discussed. I can only name 4 total in all of the years I've been doing this that weren't a direct result of my own laxity...and even then, the promoters in all but 1 case were more than accomodating with what was possible. The only times I get caught needing my 'just-in-cases' is when a booth size has been mis-measured (and I have to switch tables) or I'm in an unlit corner under a balcony in a gymnasium and haven't added electricity to my application. Many shows provide diagrams of the floor layout, although you won't necessarily know where you'll be placed. Now then...about that horse trailer and my Honda....Cheers to the troupers!
Yvette Fair

Yvette Fair

Monday, March 23, 2009 08:42 pm EDT
Hello, I have read lots of great information here ... I have just one ??? is anyone is MA. and know of any good vending ops..... I sell my handmade childrens clothing at yomolove.com. This is the year I really want to get into vending what I make.... what with the children getting older.... one or two can help me this summer... thanks for the ear

Civitan Club of Demopolis

Friday, August 21, 2009 10:10 am EDT
If you have any contacts with other crafters, we are looking for crafters and artists for our show on Saturday, December 5th, 2009. The event is Fair in the Square in Demopolis, Alabama. For applications go to www.christmasontheriver.com. Look for COTR Forms, and then the Vendor Application Form. Please help pass the word. Thank you.

Paws For a Cause

Thursday, April 1, 2010 01:52 pm EDT
Hi, I need craft vendors for a event, this will be on May 1, 2010 from 9-2pm in Apopka, Fl. 32712 (which is west of Orlando)if anyone is interested please visit www.pawsforacause.info or greenpr9@earthlink.net. Thank you