Last month FNO staffer Julie went to the annual Zapp Conference in Atlanta and met Mike Salguero of Custommade.com, the first online marketplace that connects you with buyers seeking custom art. Below, Mike provides some tips he presented at the conference as well as offers FNO artisans a fantastic deal!
Have you listed any items in the FNO Marketplace yet? Now you can sell your artwork online through FNO! It's free to list your items, complete fee information is listed here.
As always, if you have any particular topics you'd like to see covered here, or if you'd like to contribute an article to the FNO newsletters - drop me a line!
FNO Newsletter Editor
Helpful Art Marketing Tips from the Atlanta ZAPP Conference
by Mike Salguero
Many of you may know that the Annual ZAPP Conference was held in Atlanta a few weeks ago. This conference is put on by Zapplication, a resource for artists applying to juried fine art shows. CustomMade was asked to speak about the world of online art shows, and about how the internet is changing art shows in general. FNO's Julie was at the event and asked me to share some highlights from that session:
1) Art Shows should think about ways that they can help the consumer to appreciate and encounter good art. This could be done by in-person curation, asking design professionals to walk clients around, and trying hard to educate consumers!
2) Artists should tell the story of the creation of their craft more often. Here's a Tip, shoot a video or shoot photos of the progress of you creating your piece. We have heard from numerous consumers that they are interested in watching the pieces they are purchasing being created. Our website, CustomMade.com is now creating ways for artists and craftspeople to record and broadcast their Creation Stories.
We think the idea of updating customers with your creation stories is one that you should explore… Use your blog, use social media like twitter and facebook, and actively tell your story. Read more and access a Custommade membership deal!
Let Us Pay You!
Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and we'd like to thank you for spreading the word about FNO. You could be earning extra cash just by referring fellow vendors or festival participants to FNO
Quick info about our affiliate program:
Be sure to hand people your business card or a custom FNO Affiliate Flyer when you refer them to be sure you get credit when they join as a Pro Member. If you want to learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out (to do this, you must have an affiliate number, all Pro Members automatically have one, if you are a free member, you must request one).
- We pay $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- We pay quarterly via Paypal.
- You may apply your affiliate credit towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in emails or online.