Hi FNO Member!
Hope your summer event season is going well. This issue, Larry Ward gives some good tips on picking the perfect location for your event. Be sure to stop by the FNO forums and let vendors know that you still have openings for your upcoming event. Better yet - utilize our Fest Biz directory to find Artists, Crafters, Food Vendors, Musicians & more.
Event Location & Physical Facilities
by Larry Ward
Lumped together in this chapter are many other matters that must be attended
to make your festival a success. A few words about the site: it must
be large enough to accommodate the crowd, but not so big that there are
vast distances between the various areas of activity. City parks are commonly
used as are county fairgrounds. Some groups have even had success
with downtown areas, particularly around squares.
Location is another consideration when it comes to site selection. Not only
should events take place fairly near their prospective attendees, these events
need to be easy to get to. Areas along the route with potential bottlenecks -
narrow roads, one-lane bridges, and the like - should be avoided. Likewise,
property subject to fl ooding is not the best choice for an event. And, of
course, there's no getting around the fact that event-goers arrive in vehicles,
which somehow must be parked. If 10,000 people show up and they average
three to a car, then a little over 3,000 vehicles must be parked. It's no
wonder the sole responsibility of some event workers is arranging for parking.
Among other things, their plans should include handicapper spaces. Read more
Are you a High Quality promoter with multiple shows?
Gain VIP status and get assistance updating your events, plus you will be part of a unique group
of superior promoters that deserve special recognition!
Benefits of being a VIP Promoter:
- Assistance with keeping your events updated on the FNO site.
- Deep Discounts on Featured Events & other FNO advertising.
- Special designation as a VIP Promoter in all Festival & Events search results
& in any Featured Events you purchase.
- A graphic to display on your website distinguishing you as a FNO VIP Promoter.
Learn how to become a VIP Promoter. For further information, contact Judith.
FREE Marketing for Your Show!
Our market is your market. Co-promote FNO and earn free added exposure for your shows. Tap into FNO's audience of 300,000+ monthly visitors & 4 million hits! You want to make sure those people find your event, and we want to help. Select from one of the following options to co-promote with FNO.
Email Carrie to sign up today.
- Package A: Link to FNO from any two main pages on your website and receive a FREE Featured Event listing from FNO's general search (accessible to all web-visitors). $55.00 Value
- Package B: Insert FNO marketing info (custom-designed coupons we provide) with your show applications and receive up to 2 FREE 1 year Featured Event listings & links to your site from FNO's general search (accessible to all web-visitors). up to $180.00 Value
or other ways to promote your event beyond the free listing? Learn more