Happy Thanksgiving! We're thankful for our members and promoters and to be able to help you promote your shows! Some handy event planning tips are listed below. Be sure to stop by the FNO forums and let vendors know that you still have openings for your upcoming event. Better yet - utilize our Fest Biz directory to find Artists, Crafters, Food Vendors, Musicians & more.
BIG NEWS: Just in case you haven't noticed, the new FNO Marketplace is open for business; now you can sell your festival gear online through FNO! We are just getting started, so check back often.
7 Tips To Successful Event Planning
by Rebecca Osborn
Planning an event can be a stressful time. With these helpful tips for event planning, hopefully it will make it less stressful and you can actually enjoy the event.
1. Plan In Advance. The sooner you begin to plan, the better. Think carefully about the event you would like to organise before you start and put an action plan together. Work out how long it will take you to complete it, who you could contact to help you out.
Here are some Planning Questions you can go through:
- Is the date suitable or does it clash with any major or national event in your area?
- Who can help?
- Do you need a committee?
- How much do you expect to make?
- Is it worth doing - will you bring in three times as much as you spend?
Sell Tickets to Your Event Online!
FNO PROMOTERS! Sell your event tickets online! With our new partner, AttendStar, you never pay a fee to use their online ticketing software. Plus:
1. No set-up, monthly or percentage of your ticket price
2. Lowest prices in the industry - 99 cents/ticket!
3. FREE hard tickets to sell at outlets and at the door, when you have paid tickets
4. Use your own PayPal or Merchant Account to accept payments, or use theirs for 3%
5. Great 7 day a week customer service
6. Sell tickets in 15 minutes
7. FREE press releases to help you sell more tickets
8. Scan tickets with Android phones or AttendStar can loan you a free bar code scanner
Click here to get started!
Are you a High Quality promoter with multiple shows?
Gain VIP status and get assistance updating your events, plus you will be part of a unique group
of superior promoters that deserve special recognition!
Benefits of being a VIP Promoter:
- Assistance with keeping your events updated on the FNO site.
- Deep Discounts on Featured Events & other FNO advertising.
- Special designation as a VIP Promoter in all Festival & Events search results
& in any Featured Events you purchase.
- A graphic to display on your website distinguishing you as a FNO VIP Promoter.
Learn how to become a VIP Promoter. For further information, contact Judith.
Stay Connected on the Road!
FNO has teamed up with Rovair, a leading wireless mobile broadband provider.
What does that mean for you? You can now stay connected while traveling & working at shows!
We have partnered with RovAir to bring you temporary internet access
allowing you to stay in touch with customers and business contacts and even
accept & process credit cards over the internet via a laptop/net book and
a wireless card!
Find out more about Rovair here.
FREE Marketing for Your Show!
Our market is your market. Co-promote FNO and earn free added exposure for your shows. Tap into FNO's audience of 400,000+ monthly visitors & 4 million hits! You want to make sure those people find your event, and we want to help. Select from one of the following options to co-promote with FNO.
Email Carrie to sign up today.
- Package A: Link to FNO from any two main pages on your website and receive a FREE Featured Event listing from FNO's general search (accessible to all web-visitors). $55.00 Value
- Package B: Insert FNO marketing info (custom-designed coupons we provide) with your show applications and receive up to 2 FREE 1 year Featured Event listings & links to your site from FNO's general search (accessible to all web-visitors). up to $180.00 Value