The holidays are approaching fast, and that means lots of shopping. How can you be sure your shop is on those Christmas lists? Read on for tips on how to maximize your holiday sales from iscripts.com's Jon Skulemowski!
Check out other FNO Marketplace sellers' shops for inspiration, and remember, it's free to list your products with FNO!
If there are any particular topics you'd like to see covered here, or if you'd like to contribute an article to the FNO newsletters - drop us a line!
FNO Newsletter Editor
5 Tips to Maximize Online Holiday Shopping Sales
by: Jon Skulemowski
Consumers will be logging on ecommerce sites searching for holiday gifts and deals very soon. The traditional kickoff for holiday buying is Black Friday - the day after Thanksgiving. Last year, Black Friday sales through the following Monday, 'Cyber Monday', accounted for 18% of total online holiday sales. U.S. online sales topped $1 billion on Cyber Monday alone. Perfect your marketing and delivery plans as the year's most lucrative shopping season draws near. Here we have created a few tips to be get the most from this season:
- Consider Free Shipping - Users are more inclined to buy, especially around the holiday season, if shipping is free. Many people are expecting to pay a few dollars more for shipping, but they will show their thanks for free shipping by taking advantage of the promotion and buying a few extra items.
- Send Holiday Themed Email - Try sending newsletters with holiday-oriented content. Timely, holiday-oriented content is generally well-received by the general public. This is a way for you to showcase features products and give customers additional visual gift ideas. Inform them the promotions are available for a limited time and don't forget to mention the gift cards!
- Deck the Halls - Be sure your homepage is attractive and featured products are displayed. Consider fresh, seasonal holiday banners! Keep your holiday look consistent within all forms of communication with your audience.
- Functionality - Consumers expect a page to load within two seconds and find what they are looking for quickly. Accommodate the anticipated spike in traffic by ensuring your site's speed and functionality is up to par.
- Quality Service - Give customers the best service you can especially around this time of year. It is important for small businesses to give quality service and attention to make a lasting impression. Take care in the details and increase profits by growing your customer base.
Let Us Pay You!
Word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and we'd like to thank you for spreading the word about FNO. You could be earning extra cash just by referring fellow vendors or festival participants to FNO
Quick info about our affiliate program:
Be sure to hand people your business card or a custom FNO Affiliate Flyer when you refer them to be sure you get credit when they join as a Pro Member. If you want to learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out (to do this, you must have an affiliate number, all Pro Members automatically have one, if you are a free member, you must request one).
- We pay $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- We pay quarterly via Paypal.
- You may apply your affiliate credit towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in emails or online.
Featured FNO Seller: