As an artist, it's a great idea to leverage all the online and social tools at your disposal to up your exposure. Check out some of the tips we have for you to make the most of one of the internet's most popular social media sites.
We have a brand new look, and some great news for affiliates! Check down below for details.
FN Newsletter Editor
7 Essential Features for Marketing Your Art on Facebook
by the writing team of fidelisartprints.com
The Facebook Fan page continues to be a viable tool for building an audience and engaging with fans of your art. If you haven't build a Fan Page, now is the time to invest a morning (1-2hrs max.) to get one set-up.
To help you get started, here's a list of features that are essential for marketing your art.
1. Cover Photo: The largest change is the physical look of the page. Timeline provides a large placeholder for a single photograph or image. This is a particularly great feature for visual artists, as it provides an opportunity to feature a specific artwork. Feel free to create a collage of several artworks (in Photoshop) or feature your most popular piece.
Tip: Images for uploading need to be cropped to a panoramic format. Feel free to overlay text with your copyright or embed your name, however, do not include pricing or a call to action (This is no permitted by FB and could get your Page blacklisted).
2. The profile picture is now placed within the Cover photo. Just like the previous profile or page, this is a great place to feature a photograph of you. If you are using a business or gallery name, use this placeholder for a logo. Profile images need to be cropped square and sized at a minimum of 180x180 pixels.
3. There's also a feature called "Views," found directly under the Cover photo. This is where you'll find your photos, events, Likes and apps.
4. Under your Profile picture, is your "About" content. This will need to be carefully crafted as it is now placed front and centre for your viewers. This is a good place to include your website link and contact information.
5. The Admin Panel (seen above) is a new feature located at the top of your Page. Here is the place you can connect with your audience. Read client private messages, see who's been active on your Page in the Notifications and New Likes. When you have 31 Likes you also have the use of collecting user data through Facebook Insights.
We Have a Brand New Look!
In addition to increasing our affiliate commission to $10 a pop this spring, we now have an updated website look!
You'll see this clean, new look throughout the site, making many of our features more sleek and easier to navigate. Feel free to let us know what you think about it!
Note: if you are still seeing the previous site design, try clearing the cache and cookies in your browser.
The FestivalNet Giving Tree
Our Giving Tree supports organizations working to make the world a better place. FestivalNet Staff members take turns selecting organizations to receive a percentage of our gross revenues. We have a unique circumstance this month, in that the request to include this charity came directly from a FestivalNet member. The Freedom Fidos organization rescues dogs from local shelters, and spends up to two years training them to be support animals. Afterwards, the support dog is off to its new home with a veteran or child in need.
To learn more about our Giving Tree program and to see past donation recipients, please visit this page.
Collingswood Crafts & Fine Arts Festival
FN Call for Artists
Find Shows that are Currently Looking for Artists