Have you considered going organic? This month's article details the trends and benefits of using organic ingredients in food vending.
Listing your profile in our Fest Biz Directory can go a long way toward getting promoters to take notice. And did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
Organic Food on the Festival Circuit
After many years of experimentation, organic food has finally arrived in the food concession industry.
Throughout North America more and more festivals and fairs had food concessions that were hustling organic products.
Why has it taken so long? Food concession operators are notorious for being slow off the starting block. Many believe that a food concession is designed to provide greasy and messy products. They have a tendency to model their operations after others around them, and while looking at the success of others can be a valid way to enter a business, it does not leap frog you ahead of them. You become an industry follower rather than an industry leader.
But, there are other reasons why organic foods took so long to make a firm entry into the food concession industry. The manufacturers were slow to make the products available in bulk form. This was primarily due to the fact that most of the organic foods were being processed by small, local companies, who were having problems keeping up with producing enough products for supermarkets and specialty health food stores.
Read more here!
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to vend at their event? It could happen! Get found by listing your concession or food truck business for Free in our Fest Biz Directory and instantly get more exposure by taking advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your business type.
Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!