If you're waiting for your big break, it can certainly be an anxious wait. This month, Tom Hess is back with some helpful advice about the pursuit of the record deal.
Listing your profile in our Fest Biz Directory can go a long way toward getting promoters to take notice. And did you know that we have a video contest going on right now? Read below for those details!
FN Newsletter Editor
The Pursuit Of The Record Deal
by Tom Hess
Do you want a successful, stable and rewarding music career as a professional musician? Would you like to know exactly what record labels, music producers, and artist management companies are looking for when seeking out new artists? There are many great musicians who are not able to build a successful career in music because they do not know what it is these music companies want from them. As a result, many struggle and wonder why they are unable to "make it in the music business" even though they may be incredible musicians with great songs. What usually happens is that musicians start to believe the common myth about 'luck'. They believe that you need to "get lucky" in order to "make it in the music industry." The result is that most musicians give up on their dreams and get a normal (non music related) day job.
Because you are reading this article, I can imagine that you have probably faced similar challenges. I know how you feel, because I went through the same depressing struggle for years and have seen hundreds of great musicians travel along the same path. But over time, I have discovered that in many cases the lack of success is caused by the musicians (including myself in the past) simply not knowing what music industry companies want from new bands and artists.
Read more here!
Promote Yourself with Our Fest Biz Directory
Ever dream of a promoter contacting YOU to perform at their event? Just looking for more exposure? Get found by listing your Band, Musical Act, or Performance Group for Free in our Fest Biz Directory.
Go to your Modify Profile page to opt into the Fest Biz Directory. Just make sure your profile doesn't stink!
Take advantage of the over 750,000+ visitors we have per month! You will be easily searchable by your location, keyword, or your performance type. Our Basic listing is Free or you can increase your visibility by becoming either a Featured Company or with a Hot Link to your web site.
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
Historic Downtown Sebring Fine Arts and Crafts Fest
Highland Art League
North Sea Gas
Get a Link to Your Page in Our Members Link!
Pro Members! If you have a website or blog and link to Festivalnet.com, we will link to your site on our Member's Links page!
The Member's Links page is a great way to get more traffic and exposure to your site. It's a total win-win.
Before getting in touch to swap links, visit your 'My Account' area and click 'Affiliate Tools' on the right to get your code for linking to FNO. Once the link to FNO is live on your site or blog, let Julie know to get added. Be sure your website is listed in your 'modify profile' area.