Here in the digital age, making good use of social media is crucial for promoting. This month's article will detail some tips on using Twitter for your event effectively.
Make sure your show is up-to-date for 2015! The sooner you get those details out there, the more applications you'll get.
FNO Newsletter Editor
11 Twitter Tips for Businesses and Promoting
by Shannon Willowby
Twitter is a great social media marketing tool for businesses that can lead to more customers, an increase of profit, and long-term success. However, you may not be using it to its full potential. Check out the tips below for 10 ways you can use Twitter to your advantage.
Read more here!
- Always keep in mind that Twitter is about discussion rather than a hard-sell of your products or services. Twitter is not the platform for blatant sales tactics and if you decide to try it, it will most likely make your followers quickly become 'unfollowers.'
- Promote Twitter-only sales and specials on your account. Whether it's a special phrase your customers have to say at your restaurant to get 2 for 1 drinks or a unique code that customers can use for 25% off your products online, this is a good enticement for your Twitter followers. And most importantly, it/s more of a soft-sell technique that won?t alienate your followers.
- Use hashtags to your advantage. A hashtag is simply a pound sign (#) followed by a phrase or word. If you want to run a contest, get your followers talking about something, or promote a product or service, you can turn it into a hashtag and get your followers to join in. All of the people interested in your hashtag will use it, providing a way for your community to interact with each other and also a way for you to keep track of what people are saying about your brand.
- Research the hashtags of your location and profession. A lot of times you'll find a market just waiting to be reached out to simply by adding #SeattleEvent to the end of your tweets.
- Some companies are now utilizing Twitter as a way of taking orders for products and services. The direct messaging feature on Twitter allows companies to utilize an online ordering feature on their own accounts.
- Use Twitter as a direct customer service line for your customers. This only works if your Twitter account is managed on a regular basis, but it can help establish trust and credibility, as well as encourage repeat business.
Let Us Pay You!
We will pay you $5 for every new paid member you send our way. You can make money by simply telling others about FNO. Refer two friends, get $10, refer four, get $20... Take the cash or apply your earnings toward next year's renewal! We have tons of widgets to choose from on our new Affiliate page, and have made it easier than ever to use.
You can also access this page in your account by clicking on My Account, then click on your listed affiliate number.
Word of mouth is the best form of
advertising, and we'd like to thank you for spreading the word about FNO. You could be earning
extra cash just by referring fellow vendors or festival participants to FNO.
Quick info about our affiliate program:
Be sure to hand people your business card or a custom FNO Affiliate Flyer
when you refer them to be sure you get credit when they join as a Pro Member. If you want to
learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out (to do this, you
must have an affiliate number, all Pro Members automatically have one, if you are a free
member, you must request one).
- We pay $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- We pay quarterly via Paypal.
- You may apply your affiliate credit towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in
emails or online.
or other ways to promote your event beyond the free listing? Learn more