While planning your event, you're going to need some volunteer help. If you're lost on how to find those volunteers, check out this month's article for some helpful tips!
Also, this month is your Last Chance to enter our video contest! Read below for those details.
FN Newsletter Editor
Recruiting Volunteers for Your Event
by The Writing Team of YourVolunteers
One of the most common questions we receive is how to recruit volunteers for an upcoming event. A lot of big events travel, meaning that they take place in a different city each year, and it's up to a local host committee to enlist an army of dedicated volunteers to help make the event a success. But where to start?
- This is our first recommendation to our event organizers and many have reported great success using the service. Every regional Craigslist has a "Volunteers" section that will allow you to post for free.
- There are a lot of websites now that allow you to post volunteer opportunities, but idealist.org is our favorite and receives a lot of traffic from those looking to help. As of today, there are 13,337 volunteer opportunities on the site.
- Tweet about It on Twitter
- It really works! There are Tweeple who have ongoing Twitter searches for terms such as, "Volunteer [your city]." They'll see your tweet as soon as you post it even if they aren't one of your followers. Just be sure to include the terms, "volunteer," your city, and a website where they can get more information.
- Create a Meetup Group
- This service already has a database of people of people right in your city who may have indicated that they are looking for volunteer opportunities. It does cost a little money to create a group, but you can seek out sponsors to cover the small cost.
Read more here!
Check Out Our Video Contest!
Here's the skinny:
Create a video clip at your next festival and tell us why you FestivalNet.com. You might be featured in our promo video and you will have a chance to win cash and a free membership renewal!
- You must be a current Pro Member to get in on this contest.
- Keep your video under 30 seconds!
- Be in your booth or otherwise at an event when you create your video so we can see what you do. You can also be at a gig, in the recording studio, in your art studio, or prepping for an event.
- Be yourself! If you want to be straight-forward, or be funny, or be creative, we're into it! Any way you'd like to participate, we'd love to hear it.
- And be sure to tell us why you love FestivalNet.com!
- Upload your video to your FestivalNet profile!
- Email us and tell us you've added your video.
- All videos we select for the promo video will receive a free renewal!
- If your video is selected, you will need to provide us with a high resolution copy for our promo.
- Questions? Just get in touch.
- Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015!
- Have fun!
For more info and prize details, visit us here!
Pinecrest Gardens Fine Arts Festival
The Curse and the Cure
or other ways to promote your event beyond the free listing? Learn more