Have you ever wondered why people aren't stopping by your online shop? This month, I have some helpful info for you on making your shop stand out from all the others.
How often do you rate the shows you've vended at? We've just made it even easier to rate shows and promoters you've worked with recently. Read below to find out how you can help out your fellow vendors with ratings!
Just a heads up for you sellers - commissions will now be set at a reserve of $5. So you will not be charged a fee until you reach that reserve.
FN Newsletter Editor
Make Your Online Store Unique!
by Jackie DeVore
Independent shops online have become very common in the world of buying and selling, so it's important to be sure your shop stands out from the pack. Here are a few tips on making sure your shop is seen and remembered online:
- Position yourself. Write down clearly who you are and what you do, and use this as a reference for your decision making. Don't be afraid to go niche: if you are the premiere wood-carved necklace crafter in Indiana, say so, and live up to it.
- Choose Your Products. Choose products that fit your positioning. You might sell leather cuff bracelets in your offline jewelry shop, but decide your focus in your online store to keep it simple and branded. Also, be conservative and choose your best selling or most unique, hard to find products. Your product mix can help you differentiate yourself online, so choose wisely and don't be afraid to make a statement.
- Engage your customers. Allow them to send feedback on products.
Help us grow! Rate the shows you know!
Remember you can also rate events directly from Pro Search for all the listings we publish on our website.
Festival participants rely on feedback from other vendors to learn about events and promoters for many reasons. Rating the great events you've participated in, and sharing the not-so-great feedback is essential in this market for folks to get an edge on shows they might not be familiar with. We have made it a little easier for you to rate events that have recently happened! This new page allows you to sort and locate festivals that happened in the last three months and click to rate the event directly from the page. You can bookmark this page to revisit at any time!
Everyone Wins With FN's Referral Program!
Word of mouth is the best...and we'd like to personally thank you for spreading the word about FestivalNet! Since you became a FN member, you are already enrolled in our Referral Program.
How it works.. You tell others about FestivalNet, you earn money, and they can get a discount when they join! Simple! You get $5 for every new Pro member you send our way. You can also apply your referral funds toward next year's renewal! We have tons of widgets to choose from on our new Affiliate page, and have made it easier than ever to share your custom referral code on Facebook, Twitter, or via email. You can also access this page in your account by clicking on My Account, then click on your listed affiliate number.
Just the facts:
Want to share in person? Hand out your business card or a custom FN Affiliate Flyer when you are working events! If you want to learn more, go here - where you can print your own flyers to hand out.
- You get $5 for each new pro member you send our way.
- Your friends can get $5 off their membership by using your custom referral code at checkout.
- Referrals are settled quarterly via Paypal.
- You may also apply your affiliate credits towards next year's renewal.
- Referrals can come in via word of mouth or through special tracking links you use in emails or online.
Get a Link to Your Page in Our Members Link!
Pro Members! If you have a website or blog and link to Festivalnet.com, we will link to your site on our Member's Links page!
The Member's Links page is a great way to get more traffic and exposure to your site. It's a total win-win.
Before getting in touch to swap links, visit your 'My Account' area and click 'Affiliate Tools' on the right to get your code for linking to FNO. Once the link to FNO is live on your site or blog, let Julie know to get added. Be sure your website is listed in your 'modify profile' area.