First of all, a Basic FestivalNet account is Free! You can access all events using our advanced search tools. While some event details are left out, it's a great starting point to learn where and when the shows are.
Our paid levels cover our team of researchers who, year round compile, update and expand our data, maintaining relevant and current info on 26,000+ events throughout North America. Nowhere else can you get the volume of information and extensive details we offer, along with organizational and productivity tools all in one place. Many of the details we provide are not even found on the event's web site! AND we offer world class customer service and tech support to all our customers from basic free accounts to the highest paid pro level, this all costs money.
Some people ask us: why pay for something I can get for free? Can't I just use google to get the info I need? You certainly could use other sources, including yourself, to track down festivals & discover some of the details you need, but you can not find all of what we offer and after a while you will soon see the value of our services! In business, time is money and FestivalNet is an investment in yourself and in your business. Save research hours, use our awesome 'one-click-connect' and our other excellent tools, and you will absolutely book your show calendar faster and better with FestivalNet than if you go at it alone.
Below are things to consider and suggestions to improve your success rate getting replies and/or applications from events:
* Are you contacting the right events for your product/service? Our Pro Search can help you with that. For example, selecting categories from the "Allowed" drop down in the "Exhibitors" box will find events that allow what you do. For more search tips, there's a help link in the top left corner of Pro Search
* Be sure the deadline date has not passed. Contact each event well in advance of their application deadline, otherwise emails & calls will not likely be returned. Use our handy "Deadline Reminder Newsletter" and the "Deadlines" option in Pro search to get ahead of the game.
* Important note about deadlines. It doesn't mean applications will be accepted up until that date. Festivals will frequently fill all open slots before their posted deadline. That's due to no fault of your information source, it's simply the way the business works.
* Check out each event's website for additional application info and specific instructions for successful application acceptance. Always follow each event's requirements exactly as indicated.
* Follow up your initial communication with a phone call. It's important to show continued interest, but be careful not to over do it. Space your follow up calls/messages a week apart. Always call *far before the deadline* to learn what your first step must be with each event.
* Be sure your FN Profile is filled out completely, including clear photos, full company description and is free of spelling errors. Once it is, try using the email EPK link.
In addition to your FN profile, what's the state of your web presence and marketing materials? If you contact an event and they look you up at FestivalNet or do a web search on you and/or your company, what will they find? Will they find anything? Or perhaps find some half baked profiles on different web sites without great looking photos or informative & effective information? If you don't present yourself professionally anywhere people will find you and/or your business, then why would an event take you seriously and want to answer your emails or call you back?! Remember, you ALWAYS only get one chance to make a first impression!
If you get any returned (undeliverable) emails or discover a disconnected phone number, please let us know asap. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly research that for you. We work very hard to provide accurate event data but sometimes contact info will change.
First, be sure you are logged in to your account.
On your My Account page, click "Find Events". Select your search options, and click "Search Now." In the search results, you will see "View Full Details" link, click this for full show details.
It is possible you need to renew your account if you can not see full show details. Go here to renew.
As always, get in touch with customer service if you need help.
Export allows you to save the basic contact info from My List to a comma-separated values (csv) file. You can import your list to a spreadsheet, *contact manager or database. Generate mailing labels, run a mail merge or send a group email! Fields included: Show Dates, Main Email, Promoter Name, Show Name, Attendance, Promoter Mailing Address, Show Director Name, Main Phone, Show Location City & State.
*A contact manager is a database program that is used to manage a list of clients/customers/contacts. Try a Google search like this: "best contact manager programs"