First of all, a Basic FestivalNet account is Free! You can access all events using our advanced search tools. While some event details are left out, it's a great starting point to learn where and when the shows are.
Our paid levels cover our team of researchers who, year round compile, update and expand our data, maintaining relevant and current info on 26,000+ events throughout North America. Nowhere else can you get the volume of information and extensive details we offer, along with organizational and productivity tools all in one place. Many of the details we provide are not even found on the event's web site! AND we offer world class customer service and tech support to all our customers from basic free accounts to the highest paid pro level, this all costs money.
Some people ask us: why pay for something I can get for free? Can't I just use google to get the info I need? You certainly could use other sources, including yourself, to track down festivals & discover some of the details you need, but you can not find all of what we offer and after a while you will soon see the value of our services! In business, time is money and FestivalNet is an investment in yourself and in your business. Save research hours, use our awesome 'one-click-connect' and our other excellent tools, and you will absolutely book your show calendar faster and better with FestivalNet than if you go at it alone.
We include these events for your benefit, as most are usually still good events. When trying to fill a certain weekend, and you have exhausted all searches for currently updated events, last year's info is better than no event at all. You do need to contact each event for current info.
There will always be only ONE listing for each event in our database (no duplicate events) and we do not publish events that are more than a year old. Our researchers will eventually update or remove non-updated events if all efforts (phone calls, emails & faxes) to get current info have failed.
It's a unique challenge maintaining our database of over 26,000 events. We make an intensive effort to research and secure updates on all events. Event promoters can change hands year to year, are slow to respond or do not have their dates or all details finalized yet. We receive updates daily, so check back often.
Pro Tip: Often, members will omit past events from their search. By selecting "All Years" on the Pro Search form, you can get a leg up on these events that others aren't seeing. You can't lose by just reaching out to the promoter for more info.
Below are things to consider and suggestions to improve your success rate getting replies and/or applications from events:
* Are you contacting the right events for your product/service? Our Pro Search can help you with that. For example, selecting categories from the "Allowed" drop down in the "Exhibitors" box will find events that allow what you do. For more search tips, there's a help link in the top left corner of Pro Search
* Be sure the deadline date has not passed. Contact each event well in advance of their application deadline, otherwise emails & calls will not likely be returned. Use our handy "Deadline Reminder Newsletter" and the "Deadlines" option in Pro search to get ahead of the game.
* Important note about deadlines. It doesn't mean applications will be accepted up until that date. Festivals will frequently fill all open slots before their posted deadline. That's due to no fault of your information source, it's simply the way the business works.
* Check out each event's website for additional application info and specific instructions for successful application acceptance. Always follow each event's requirements exactly as indicated.
* Follow up your initial communication with a phone call. It's important to show continued interest, but be careful not to over do it. Space your follow up calls/messages a week apart. Always call *far before the deadline* to learn what your first step must be with each event.
* Be sure your FN Profile is filled out completely, including clear photos, full company description and is free of spelling errors. Once it is, try using the email EPK link.
In addition to your FN profile, what's the state of your web presence and marketing materials? If you contact an event and they look you up at FestivalNet or do a web search on you and/or your company, what will they find? Will they find anything? Or perhaps find some half baked profiles on different web sites without great looking photos or informative & effective information? If you don't present yourself professionally anywhere people will find you and/or your business, then why would an event take you seriously and want to answer your emails or call you back?! Remember, you ALWAYS only get one chance to make a first impression!
If you get any returned (undeliverable) emails or discover a disconnected phone number, please let us know asap. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly research that for you. We work very hard to provide accurate event data but sometimes contact info will change.
Do a search here to see if your event is listed. If you find your event, that means your organization has a User ID. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance with your login so you can edit your event.
You must have an account on our website to rate shows and/or promoters. If you are not a FN Member, you may become a basic member for free and then rate shows. Click the join link at the top of our site. Basic members may rate shows however to view individual ratings and comments, you must have a Pro account.
If you have an account, make sure you are logged in and from the tabs at the top, select "Events" and "Pro Search". Or from My Account, click "Find Events". Submit your search and in the results you will see ratings in the upper right corner of each event, along with links to add ratings. To find a specific show, use the "Key Word" field in the bottom left corner of Pro Search.
You will need to read and agree to the Rating Guidelines, available in the ratings form, to submit a rating. Click here to view our rating guidelines.
Also, check out this Rate Events page for events that have happened recently! You can sort by month and state to easily locate events and click directly to the rating form. Tip! Bookmark that page for easy access later!
First, be sure you are logged in to your account.
On your My Account page, click "Find Events". Select your search options, and click "Search Now." In the search results, you will see "View Full Details" link, click this for full show details.
It is possible you need to renew your account if you can not see full show details. Go here to renew.
As always, get in touch with customer service if you need help.